Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Who are you?

Clouds darken above the soaked city
Rain snares hard on my dripping helmet
Tyres hiss along roads so gritty
Lycra clinging to me tight and wet

I'm warm, but where am I?
Who is this looking concerned?
She sits down and strokes my thigh
Says "Do you know how I've yearned?"

I'm entirely nude
Was it an accident?
I'm completely confused
Don't know where my clothes went

Then I remember
The woman next door
I've always liked her
Want to see her more 

She found me there
Thought I was dead
Led me to where
I am in bed

She strokes me
She's amused
I'm happy
Not confused

Her lips
Our kiss
She grips
My bliss

Submitted as part of (my first ever):


Wicked Wednesday

16 comments:

  1. Lovely imagery; I had to read it a couple of times to fully grasp it. Clever. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I didn't realise how enjoyable it could be to write

      Delete
  3. Welcome to Wicked Wednesday... lovely poem, I like the way it tapered off both visually and leads the reader it their own imagination

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful visual and twist at the end. Heck of a way to wake up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be wonderful? Thanks for tour comment

      Delete
  5. Welcome to Wicked Wednesday with such a lovely poem. As has been said by others above - it paints a beautiful picture with words and the way the poem is constructed :)

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome Rebel, I'm looking forward to writing more!

      X

      Delete
  6. Oh, this took my breath away. I loved the shortening of the lines, the lust and intensity of it. Wonderful.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, it was an enjoyable challenge x

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous poem.. even as you read it, you wonder..

    Pea ~x~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pea - even as I wrote it I wasn't entirely sure where it was going! x

      Delete
  8. Welcome to Wicked Wednesday!!
    Nicely done, I felt pulled along by the imagery :)

    ~Kazi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome. This was a kind of hybrid of various personal experiences!

      x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.