Monday, 1 July 2013

Failure to launch

Last week I went to meet a very pretty sub. We had to find somewhere between where we both lived, but this still involved an hour-long journey from London. This being our first meeting I suggested we just have a few drinks and maybe dinner so that we could get to know one another, and so that she could begin to trust me.

I arrived at the meeting place with a terrible headache but with a resolve to be my usual cheerful self to put her at ease. I waited. And waited. I knew that I hadn't got the day or time wrong as I had provided her with instructions on which train to get. I sent her a message and then called. Nothing.

I soon realised that I had been stood up and so didn't waste any more time. On the train home I wrote several more chapters of my next story. I allowed her a whole day to get in touch. When she failed to do so I sent her one last email.

She did eventually reply, by email and then text message. I don't want to divulge what she said, but her explanation was satisfactory, even though I had been inconvenienced. I'm not sure I should give her another chance, though. I hope my reply assuaged any guilt she may feel, but I may well just leave it there. Which is a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.