Sunday, 31 January 2016

Fact finding (and hiding)

Not many people in my life know that I write erotica. To be honest, I'd be slightly embarrassed if my family knew - it would just raise too many questions that I'd really rather not answer. Besides, I'm an amateur so no one but a select few really needs to know.

In the course of researching a story I often discover some facts, some interesting, some rather bland. For example, I now know a few things about netball thanks to a story I'm currently working on. My mind has a way of storing useless facts.

"There's seven players on a netball team." I may blurt out at a pub quiz. All eyes would then turn to me along with the inevitable "How the hell do you know that?" and that's when my mind really needs to work hard on coming up with some innocent reason. It can be tough being a secret amateur erotica writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.