Sunday, 17 January 2016

Still life for erotica writers

This seems such an obvious idea I would be surprised if it hadn't been thought of before. Perhaps it's because my way of thinking comes with a large side dish of kink.

Still life sessions are important for any artist who studies the human form. Erotica writers study the human form with their words. In addition to this, erotica writers explore how humans interact with each other and how their bodies react to sexual stimulation.

Imagine, then, a room in which someone was naked and masturbating, or a couple were engaging in foreplay and then sex, or a Dom was tying up and playing with a naked sub. At the periphery of the room a group of writers describing what they see on paper, having the opportunity and luxury of seeing human interaction rather than trying to imagine it.

Still life for erotica writers (although the 'life' wouldn't be that 'still'). Getting up close and studying foreplay, penetration and orgasm. Why has no one set this up yet?!

6 comments:

  1. I would find this a very interesting exercise. More often than not, too much time lapses between me witnessing sexual acts and writing about them, thus losing vital details. I'd be keen to read the thoughts of other writers on your proposal x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree and hopefully others will share their thoughts too x

      Delete
  2. It sounds awesome, but I want to be having the sex, and describing the thoughts and how it feels versus how it looks. That's what makes sex hot for me, what draws me into a story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very good point. I'd suggest that the models describe what they're feeling but that would ruin the moment. But for me it's the description of the scene as well as what's being felt and thought that makes the ingredients of a good story.

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea. It would tap into my exhibitionist streak massively.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.